BC Serology Interest Group: Passing the Serological Torch (11 videos ranging from~20 to 60 mins.)
Safe Transfusion Practice
BC PBCO's 24 'Safe Transfusion Practice' videos have been updated and relocated to the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) LearningHub.
The videos now constitute a self-paced e-learning course with video transcripts and a course certificate for those who complete the course and pass the quiz.
How to access the videos and course:
- Go to the PHSA LearningHub (as in the above link)
- Select the 'Sign Up For An Account' button on the right
- Note: PHSA records results solely to be able to improve the course and its quizzes by identifying areas that participants have difficulty with. It's aggregate, not individual, data that help them determine needed improvements.
- At Step 1, if you reside outside BC or outside Canada, select Affiliate.
- At Step 2, you need to complete only items with a red star. (*)
- For Facility, choose Other
- After creating an account, you will receive an e-mail with a link to confirm registration.
- Once signed in with username and password, search for Safe Transfusion Practice.
- You have 90 days to complete the course and obtain a certificate.
Transfusion Bits and Bytes: 6 educational videos for medical laboratory technologists (also downloadable as an app)
Topics include transfusion reactions (4 videos), Quality Management Systems, and Root Cause Analysis
Buffy Coat Blood Bag
Note: These are "shockwave flash" (.swf) movies. If they do not play after clicking the "Click here to play" screen, download the free Flash Player for Windows (or alternative operating systems like Mac OS)