TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Eswatini (formerly Swaziland)
Diseases in the news
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Free sample journal issues
- Open access journal: The Lancet Digital Health 2019 May;1(1):e1-e44.
- NEW: Abstract of 29th Regional Congress of the ISBT. Vox Sang 2019;114 (Suppl. 1):5–240. EPub 7 June 2019
- Edens C, Haass KA, Cumming M, Osinski A, O'Hearn L, Passanisi K, et al. Evaluation of the National Healthcare Safety Network Hemovigilance Module for transfusion-related adverse reactions in the United States. Transfusion. 2019 Feb;59(2):524-33. Epub 2018 Nov.
- Fenger-Eriksen C, Fries D, David J-S, Bouzat P, Lance MD, Grottke O, et al. Pre-hospital plasma transfusion: a valuable coagulation support or an expensive fluid therapy? (editorial) Critical Care 2019; 23:238 EPub 1 July 2019.
- Fox B, Sharp G, Atkinson E, Roberts G, Rigsby P, Studholme L. The third international standard for anti-D immunoglobulin: international collaborative study to evaluate candidate preparations. Vox Sang. 2019 Jul 19. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Garg AX, Badner N, Bagshaw SM, Cuerden MS, Fergusson DA, Gregory AJ, et al;TRICS Investigators and Perioperative Anesthesia Clinical Trials Group. Safety of a restrictive versus liberal approach to red blood cell transfusion on the outcome of AKI in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: a randomized clinical trial. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019 Jul;30(7):1294-1304. Epub 2019 Jun 20.
- Harrold IM, Bean SM, Williams NC. Emerging from the basement: the visible pathologist. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Aug;143(8):917-8.
- Kenyon M, Babic A, editors. The European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Textbook for Nurses: Under the Auspices of EBMT [Internet]. (Open access textbook)
- Liu R, et al. Prevalence of Zika virus in blood donations: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Infect Dis. 2019 Jul 6;19(1):590.
- Mistry H, Poles D, Watt A, Bolton-Maggs PHB; SHOT Steering Group. Human errors in manual techniques for ABO/D grouping are associated with potentially lethal outcomes. Transfus Med. 2019 Jul 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Notani N, etal. Fibrinogen level on admission is a predictive marker of the need for massive blood transfusion after pelvic fracture. Am J Emerg Med. 2019 Jun 24. [Epub ahead of print]
- Öhrner C, Kvist M, Blom Wiberg K, Diedrich B. Why do young men lapse from blood donation? Vox Sang. 2019 May 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Peedin AR, Perjar I, Mazepa MA, Rollins-Raval MA, Park YA, Raval JS. The top 10 things to know about transfusion medicine before intern year: an evidence-based course for graduating medical students. Blood Res. 2019 Jun;54(2):125-30. Epub 2019 Jun 25.
- Thomas AB, Shammas RL, Orr J, Truong T, Kuchibhatla M, Sergesketter AR, Hollenbeck ST. An assessment of bleeding complications necessitating blood transfusion across inpatient plastic surgery procedures: a nationwide analysis using the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Database. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019 May;143(5):1109e-1117e.
- Thurn L, Wikman A, Westgren M, Lindqvist PG. Incidence and risk factors of transfusion reactions in postpartum blood transfusions. Blood Advances 2019;3:2298-2306.
- Ziemer RE, James S. Newman JS. Practical considerations in the dangers associated with blood transfusion: a century later. (letter to editor) Mayo Clin Proc. 2019 Jul; 94(7)7:1386-7.