TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
- Bacterial infection: See Journals below (Jones, et al.)
- HCV/HIV: See UK above (Infected Blood Inquiry)
- HIV: See Australia above
Resource Library / Links
- NEW TM blog: I will remember you (Musings on Marion Lewis, an extraordinary Canadian)
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Free sample journal issues
- Open access journal: The Lancet Digital Health 2019 May;1(1):e1-e44.
- NEW Abstract of 29th Regional Congress of the ISBT. Vox Sang 2019;114 (Suppl. 1):5–240. EPub 7 June 2019
- * Baker L, Park L, Gilbert R, Martel A, Ahn H, Davies A, McIsaac D, Saidenberg E, Tinmouth A, Fergusson DA, Martel G. Guidelines on the intraoperative transfusion of red blood cells: a protocol for systematic review. BMJ Open. 2019 Jun 17;9(6):e029684.
- * Cohen R, Ning S, Yan MTS, Callum J. Transfusion safety: The nature and outcomes of errors in patient registration. Transfus Med Rev. 2019 Apr; 33(2):78-83. Epub 2018 Dec 6.
- * Conway A, Gow J, Ralph N, Duff J, Edward KL, Alexander K, et al. Implementing a thermal care bundle for inadvertent perioperative hypothermia: A cost-effectiveness analysis. Int J Nurs Stud. 2019 May 4;97:21-7. [Epub ahead of print]
- de Albuquerque da Veiga Conrado MC, Cardoso RA, Dezan MR, Oliveira VB, Neto ADC, Ziza KC, et al. Prevalence and laboratorial determinants of the clinical relevance of antibodies of undetermined specificity. Vox Sang. 2019 Jun 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Edgren G, Murphy EL, Brambilla DJ, Westlake M, Rostgaard K, Lee C, et al; NHLBI Recipient Epidemiology and Donor Evaluation Study-III (REDS-III) Group. Association of blood donor sex and prior pregnancy with mortality among red blood cell transfusion recipients. JAMA. 2019 Jun 11;321(22):2183-92.
- Gan KJ, Südhof TC. Specific factors in blood from young but not old mice directly promote synapse formation and NMDA-receptor recruitment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2019 Jun 3. pii: 201902672. [Epub ahead of print]
- Passerini HM. Contemporary transfusion science and challenges. AACN Adv Crit Care. 2019 Summer; 30(2):139-50.
- Jones SA, Jones JM, Leung V, et al. Sepsis attributed to bacterial contamination of platelets associated with a potential common source — multiple states, 2018. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019 14 June;68:519–523.
- Patel EU, Bloch EM, Grabowski MK, Goel R, Lokhandwala PM, Brunker PAR, et al. Sociodemographic and behavioral characteristics associated with blood donation in the United States: a population-based study. Transfusion. 2019 Jun 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rahfeld P, et al. An enzymatic pathway in the human gut microbiome that converts A to universal O type blood. Nat Microbiol 2019. EPub 10 June 2019.
- Rijnhout TWH, Wever KE, Marinus RHAR, Hoogerwerf N, Geeraedts LMG Jr, Tan ECTH. Is prehospital blood transfusion effective and safe in haemorrhagic trauma patients? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Injury. 2019 May; 50(5):1017-27. Epub 2019 Mar 21.
- Roubinian N, Kleinman S. Building consensus: steps toward standardised haemovigilance reporting. Lancet Haematol. 2019 May 9. pii: S2352-3026(19)30081-X. [Epub ahead of print]
- Salomon T, Gomes I, Ozahata MC, Moreira CHV, Oliveira CDL, Gonçalez TT, et al; NHLBI Retrovirus Epidemiology Donor Study-II (REDS-II), International Component. Social and behavioral characteristics of male blood donors and their sexual partners: an analysis to define risk subsets. Transfusion. 2019 Jun 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wang T, Chen J, Zhang Q, Huang X, Xie N, Zhang J, et al. Prevalence of hepatitis G virus infection among 67, 348 blood donors in mainland China. BMC Public Health. 2019 Jun 3; 19(1):685.
- Warner MA, Jambhekar NS, Saadeh S, Jacob EK, Kreuter JD, Mundell WC, et al. Implementation of a patient blood management program in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Transfusion. 2019 Jun 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wiersum-Osselton JC, Whitaker B, Grey S, Land K, Perez G, Rajbhandary S,et al. Revised international surveillance case definition of transfusion-associated circulatory overload: a classification agreement validation study. Lancet Haematol. 2019 May 9. pii: S2352-3026(19)30080-8. [Epub ahead of print]
- * Yan MTS, Arsenault V, Pendergrast J. Evaluation of immunohematology knowledge in hematology trainees. Transfusion. 2019 May 31. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zaunders J et al. Possible clearance of transfusion-acquired Nef and LTR-deleted attenuated HIV-1 infection by an elite controller with CCR5 Δ32 heterozygous and HLA-B57 genotype. J Virus Erad 2019, issue 2. Online publication, June 2019.
- * Zavalkoff S, Shemie SD, Grimshaw JM, Chasse M, Squires JE, Linklater S, et al. Potential Organ Donor Identification and System Accountability: Recommendations from a Canadian Consensus Conference. Can J Anaesth 2019; 66.