TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
- From the archives: Big Pharma & tainted blood scandal:
- Also see USA above (Ambrosia x2)
Diseases in the news
- HCV/HIV: See UK above (Infected Blood Inquiry)
- Zika virus: See India and USA above
Resource Library / Links
- NEW TM blog: Unforgettable (Musings on the CBC's Unspeakable about Canada's 'tainted blood scandal')
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Bolton-Maggs PHB. Conference report: International Haemovigilance Seminar and the SHOT Annual Symposium, 10-12 July 2018. Transfus Med. 2018 Dec 27. [Epub ahead of print] | Note: You can download supporting information
- Booth AL, Roy-Chowdhuri S. Becoming an engaged pathologist. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2019 Feb;143(2):149-50.
- Evangelia-Eleni C, et al. Ex vivo generation of transfusable red blood cells from various stem cell sources: A concise revisit of where we are now. Transfus Apher Sci. 2018. EPub Dec 31, 2018.
- Josefson D. Haemophilia patients launch action against Bayer over contaminated blood products. BMJ. 2003 Jun 14;326(7402):1286.
- Jug R, Jiang X"S", Bean SM. Giving and receiving effective feedback: a review article and how-to guide. Arch Pathol Lab Med: 2019 Feb;143(2): 244-50.
- Kanagasabai U, Chevalier MS, Drammeh B, et al. Trends and gaps in national blood transfusion services - 14 sub-Saharan African countries, 20142016. MMWR 2018;67:13926.
- * Keir AK, New H, Robitaille N, Crighton GL, Wood EM, Stanworth SJ. Approaches to understanding and interpreting the risks of red blood cell transfusion in neonates. Transfus Med. 2019 Jan 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kim J, Weigand M, Palmer AF, Zborowski M, Yazer MH, Chalmers JJ. Single cell analysis of aged RBCs: quantitative analysis of the aged cells and byproducts. Analyst. 2019 Jan 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Klinkenberg EF, Langi Sasongko PKB, de Kort WLAM, van Weert JCM, Fransen MP, Huis In 't Veld EMJ. The supply chain of migrant blood donors: an organisational interview study. Vox Sang. 2019 Jan 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- McHenry L, Khoshnood M. Blood money: Bayer's inventory of HIV-contaminated blood products and third world hemophiliacs. Account Res. 2014; 21(6):389-400.
- Russell WA, Stramer SL, Busch MP, Custer B. Screening the blood supply for Zika virus in the 50 U.S. states and Puerto Rico: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2019 Jan 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Shin KH, Lee HJ, Park KH, Hye BM, Chang CL, Kim HH. Extended red blood cell genotyping to investigate immunohematology problems. Ann Lab Med. 2018 Jul;38(4):387-8.
- Watson-Brown P, Viennet E, Mincham G, Williams CR, Jansen CC, Montgomery BL, Flower RLP, Faddy HM. Epidemic potential of Zika virus in Australia: implications for blood transfusion safety. Transfusion. 2019 Jan 8. [Epub ahead of print]