TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
- HCV/HIV: See UK above (Infected bBlood Inquiry)
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Free sample journal issues
- Open access journal: The Lancet Digital Health 2019 May;1(1):e1-e44.
- Abstracts of the Regional Congress of the ISBT(Bangkok, Thailand, 16-19 Nov. 2019) Vox Sang 2019; 114(S2): 5-135. Epub 5 Nov. 2019
- UK: Meeting of the BBTS, 18–20 Sept. 2019 - Abstracts
- Ait Bouchrim SA, Haddad A, Boui Assi T, Oriol P, Guyotat D, Bois C, Garraud O. Residents' knowledge in transfusion medicine and educational programs: A pilot study. Transfus Clin Biol. 2019 Oct 24. pii: S1246-7820(19)30450-1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Allen TC. Threats remain (editorial). Arch Pathol Lab Med 2019 Dec. 143(12):1440-1.
- Allen ES, Conry-Cantilena C. Mobilization and collection of cells in the hematologic compartment for cellular therapies: stem cell collection with G-CSF/plerixafor, collecting lymphocytes/monocytes. Semin Hematol 2019. Epub 8 Nov. 2019.
- Brown Jr RS, Bentley R, Cai B, Flamm SL, Kanakamedala H, Lai J, et al. The clinical and economic burden of patients with chronic liver disease and thrombocytopaenia receiving platelet transfusions during planned invasive procedures. GastroHep 2019;1(5): 236-48.
- Carter JH, Flegel WA. Transfusion support in patients with hematologic disease: New and novel transfusion modalities. Semin Hematol 2019. Epub 8 Nov. 2019.
- Chen L, van Breemen RB. Validation of a sensitive UHPLC-MS/MS method for cytochrome P450 probe substrates caffeine, tolbutamide, dextromethorphan, and alprazolam in human serum reveals drug contamination of serum used for research. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2019 Nov 10:112983. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cole E, Weaver A, Gall L, West A, Nevin D, Tallach R, et al. A decade of damage control resuscitation: new transfusion practice, new survivors, new directions. Ann Surg. 2019 Oct 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- CRASH-3 trial collaborators. Effects of tranexamic acid on death, disability, vascular occlusive events and other morbidities in patients with acute traumatic brain injury (CRASH-3): a randomised, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2019 Nov 9;394(10210):1713-23. Epub 2019 Oct 14. (Open access)
- Denys G, Tulpule A, Roth J, Warns P, Collins T, Mindel S. A dual-center evaluation of platelet culture vials to detect the presence of microorganisms in platelets. Transfusion. 2019 Nov 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ekblom K, Petersson A. Introduction of cost display reduces laboratory test utilization. Am J Manag Care. 2018 May 1;24(5):e164-e169.
- Estep TN. Issues in the development of hemoglobin based oxygen carriers (HBOC). Semin Hematol 2019. Epub 14 Nov. 2019.
- Godbey EA, Thibodeaux SR. Ensuring safety of the blood supply in the United States: donor screening, testing, emerging pathogens and pathogen inactivation. Semin Hematol 2019. Epub 13 Nov. 2019.
- Goffman D, Friedman AM, Sheen JJ, Kessler A, Vawdrey D, Green R, et al. A framework for improving characterization of obstetric hemorrhage using informatics data. Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Nov 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Grainger B, Flanagan P. Informed consent for whole blood donation. Vox Sang. 2019 Nov 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hanna MG, Reuter VE, Samboy J, England C, Corsale L, Fine SW, et al. Implementation of digital pathology offers clinical and operational increase in efficiency and cost savings. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Dec;143(12):1545-55. Epub 2019 Jun 11.
- Henriquez DDCA, Caram-Deelder C, le Cessie S, Zwart JJ, van Roosmalen JJM, Eikenboom JCJ, et al; TeMpOH-1 Research Group. Association of timing of plasma transfusion with adverse maternal outcomes in women with persistent postpartum hemorrhage. JAMA Netw Open. 2019 Nov 1;2(11):e1915628. Epub 15 Nov. 2019.
- Hughes JD, Hernandez MC, Jenkins DH, Rivera M, Sawyer MD, Kreuter JD, et al. Survey of medical center employees' willingness and availability to donate blood in support of a civilian warm fresh whole blood program. Am J Disaster Med. 2019 Spring;14(2):101-11.
- Huish S, Green L, Curnow E, Wiltshire M, Cardigan R. Effect of storage of plasma in the presence of red blood cells and platelets: re-evaluating the shelf life of whole blood. Transfusion. 2019 Nov;59(11):3468-77. Epub 2019 Oct 16.
- Karafin MS, Glisch C, Souers RJ, Hudgins J, Park YA, Ramsey GE, et al; College of American Pathologists Transfusion, Apheresis, and Cellular Therapy Committee. Use of fetal hemoglobin quantitation for Rh-positive pregnant females: A national survey and review of the literature. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2019 Dec; 143 (12):1539-44. Epub 2019 Jun 11.
- Levin JH, Collins L, Adekunle O, Jackson HT, Vaziri K, Schroeder M, Davison D. Blood product wastage reduction by utilising low-cost, low-impact multimodal physician-to-physician communication initiatives. Transfus Med. 2019 Oct 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lim MY, Blaszczyk K, Jacobsen-Tews L, Mott L, Sarode R, Ziegler J, Mahajerin A. Impact of the Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society trainee workshop in recruiting the next generation of nonmalignant hematologists. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2019 Nov 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Martín-Santana JD, Beerli-Palacio A, Romero-Domínguez L. Recruitment strategies: non-donor segmentation based on intrinsic and extrinsic stimuli. Vox Sang. 2019 Nov 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Motta I, Ghiaccio V, Cosentino A, Breda L. Curing hemoglobinopathies: challenges and advances of conventional and new gene therapy approaches. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2019 Nov 1;11(1):e2019067.
- Omae Y, Ito S, Takeuchi M, Isa K, Ogasawara K, Kawabata K, et al. Integrative genome analysis identified the KANNO blood group antigen as prion protein. Transfusion. 2019 Jul; 59(7):2429-35. Epub 2019 Apr 24.
- Prodgera CF, Rampotasa A, L.J.Estcourt LJ, Stanworth SJ, Murphy MF. Platelet transfusion: alloimmunization and refractoriness. Semin Hematol 2019. Epub 8 Nov. 2019.
- Riveira MC, Louzon MJ, Tuott EE, Monoski TJ, Cruz-Cody VG, Tesfamariam A, Hess JR. Blood school. Am J Clin Pathol. 2019 Nov 27. pii: aqz192. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ruiz MT, Verbrugge LM. A two way view of gender bias in medicine. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1997 Apr;51(2):106-9.
- * Sahakyan Y, Wong W, Yi Q, Thein HH, Tomlinson G, Krahn M. Long-term morbidity and mortality in a Canadian post-transfusion hepatitis C cohort: over 15 years of follow-up. J Viral Hepat. 2019 Oct 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Skattum L. Clinical Complement Analysis - An Overview. Transfus Med Rev. 2019 Oct 18. pii: S0887-7963(19)30129-4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Suster S. On the importance of continuing medical education. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2019 Dec. 143(12):1442-3.
- Thedsawad A, Taka O, Wanachiwanawin W. Prevalence and clinical significances of red cell alloimmunization and red cell bound immunoglobulin G in polytransfused patients with thalassemias. Hematology. 2019 Dec;24(1):208-14.
- Thurn L, Wikman A, Westgren M, Lindqvist PG. Massive blood transfusion in relation to delivery: incidence, trends and risk factors: a population-based cohort study. BJOG. 2019 Dec;126(13):1577-86. Epub 2019 Sep 23.
- Tynuv M, Flegel WA. Quality improvement with platelet additive solution for safer out-of-group platelet transfusions. Immunohematology. 2019 Sep;35(3):108-15. (Free full text)
- Yamaguchi J, McArthur C, Vallari A, Sthreshley L, Cloherty GA, Berg MG, Rodgers MA. Complete genome sequence of CG-0018a-01 establishes HIV-1 subtype L. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2019 Nov 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zewdie K, Genetu A, Mekonnen Y, et al. Efficiency of blood utilization in elective surgical patients. BMC Health Serv Res 19, 804 (2019)