TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
- Babesiosis: See USA above
- HCV/HIV: See UK (Infected Blood Inquiry) above
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Free sample journal issues
- Open access journal: The Lancet Digital Health 2019 May;1(1):e1-e44.
- Sweden (Lund University TM research group): 2018 research papers (n=32)
- Thesis: Madison F. Audit and feedback to improve laboratory test and transfusion ordering in critical care: a systematic review & assessment of adherence to best practices. (10 May 2019)
- Bohlius J, Bohlke K, Castelli R, Djulbegovic B, Lustberg MB, Martino M, et al. Management of cancer-associated anemia with erythropoiesis-stimulating agents: ASCO/ASH clinical practice guideline update. Blood Adv. 2019 Apr 23;3(8):1197-1210.
- Fiedler SA, Oberle D, Chudy M, Scheiblauer H, Henseler O, Halbauer J, et al. Effectiveness of blood donor screening by HIV, HCV, HBV-NAT assays, as well as HBsAg and anti-HBc immunoassays in Germany (2008-2015). Vox Sang. 2019 Apr 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Garland-Kledzik M, Gaffley M, Crouse D, Conrad C, Miller P, Martin RS. Effects of a more restrictive transfusion trigger in trauma patients. Am Surg. 2019 Apr 1;85(4):409-13.
- Gorlin JB. Iron replacement: precautionary principle versus risk-based decision making. (Editorial) Transfusion 2019;59(5):1613-15. Epub 3 May 2019. t)
- Gosbell IB, Hoad VC, Styles CE, Lee J, Seed CR. Undetectable does not equal untransmittable for HIV and blood transfusion. (Commentary) Vox Sang. 2019 May 20. [Epub ahead of print] [No abstract available]
- Laget L, Izard C, Durieux-Roussel E, Gouvitsos J, Dettori I, Chiaroni J, Ferrera-Tourenc V. Relevance and costs of RHD genotyping in women with a weak D phenotype. Transfus Clin Biol. 2019 Feb; 26(1):27-31. Epub 2018 Jun 1.
- Lieberman L, Greinacher A, Murphy MF, Bussel J, Bakchoul T, Corke S, et al; International Collaboration for Transfusion Medicine Guidelines (ICTMG). Fetal and neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia: recommendations for evidence-based practice, an international approach. Br J Haematol. 2019 May;185(3):549-62. Epub 2019 Mar 3.
- Öhrner C, Kvist M, Blom Wiberg K, Diedrich B. Why do young men lapse from blood donation? Vox Sang. 2019 May 23. [Epub ahead of print]
- Park M, Hur M, Yi A, Kim H, Lee HK, Jeon EY, et al. Utility of temperature-sensitive indicators for temperature monitoring of red-blood-cell units. Vox Sang. 2019 May 5.[Epub ahead of print]
- Ramirez-Arcos S, Kou Y, Cayer MP, De Grandmont MJ, Girard M, Cloutier M. The impact of red blood cell manufacturing variables on bacterial growth dynamics: a pilot study. Vox Sang. 2019 May 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ruiz J, Dugan A, Davenport DL, Gedaly R. Blood transfusion is a critical determinant of resource utilization and total hospital cost in liver transplantation. Clin Transplant. 2018 Feb; 32(2). Epub 2018 Jan 29.
- Sayers MH. Iron supplementation? Ferritin screening? Why questions persist. (Editorial)Transfusion 2019;59(5):1616. Epub 3 May 2019.
- Spratling R, Lawrence RH. Facilitators and barriers to minority blood donations: a systematic review. Nurs Res. 2019 May/Jun;68(3):218-26.
- Stowell CP, Stowell SR. Biologic roles of the ABH and Lewis histo-blood group antigens Part I: infection and immunity. Vox Sang. 2019 May 9. [Epub ahead of print]
- Vlaar APJ, Toy P, Fung M, Looney MR, Juffermans NP, Bux J, et al.A consensus redefinition of transfusion-related acute lung injury. Transfusion. 2019 Apr 16. [Epub ahead of print]
- Waldén K, Shams Hakimi C, Jeppsson A, Karlsson M. Effects of fibrinogen supplementation on clot formation in blood samples from cardiac surgery patients before and after tranexamic acid administration. Transfus Med. 2019 May 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Wiersum-Osselton JC,Whitaker B,Grey S,Land K,Perez G,Rajbhandary S,et al. Revised international surveillance case definition of transfusion-associated circulatory overload: a classification agreement validation study. Lancet Haematol 2019. EPub 9 May.
- * Zeller MP, Rochwerg B, Jamula E, Li N, Hillis C, Acker JP, et al. Sex-mismatched red blood cell transfusions and mortality: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Vox Sang. 2019 May 23. [Epub ahead of print]