TraQ's newsletter reports monthly website updates and is sent to everyone who registers to receive them.
Diseases in the news
- HCV/HIV: See UK (Infected Blood Inquiry) above
Resource Library / Links
Free full text papers | * 1 or more Canadian authors
- Free sample journal issues
- Sweden (Lund University TM research group): 2018 research papers (n=32)
- Beloeil H, Ruchard D, Drewniak N, Molliex S. Overuse of preoperative laboratory coagulation testing and ABO blood typing: a French national study. Br J Anaesth. 2017 Dec 1;119(6):1186-93.
- Blumberg N, Henrichs K, Cholette J, Pietropaoli A, Spinelli S, Noronha S, et al. Sickle red blood cells are more susceptible to in vitro haemolysis when exposed to normal saline versus Plasma-Lyte A. Vox Sang. 2019 Apr 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Bolton-Maggs P, Mistry H, Glencross H, Rook R; UK Transfusion Laboratory Collaborative. Staffing in hospital transfusion laboratories: UKTLC surveys show cause for concern. Transfus Med. 2019 Apr;29(2):95-102.
- Degarege A, Gebrezgi MT, Ibanez G, Wahlgren M, Madhivanan P. Effect of the ABO blood group on susceptibility to severe malaria: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Blood Rev. 2019 Jan;33:53-62. Epub 2018 Jul 17.
- Encan B, Akin S. Knowledge of blood transfusion among nurses. J Contin Educ Nurs. 2019 Apr 1;50(4):176-82.
- Gould NJ, Lorencatto F, During C, Rowley M, Glidewell L, Walwyn R, et al. How do hospitals respond to feedback about blood transfusion practice? A multiple case study investigation. PLoS One. 2018 Nov 1;13(11):e0206676. eCollection 2018. )
- Howard JT, Kotwal RS, Turner CA, Janak JC, Mazuchowski EL, Butler FK, et al. Use of combat casualty care data to assess the US military trauma system during the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts, 2001-2017. JAMA Surg. 2019 Mar 27. doi: 10.1001/jamasurg.2019.0151. [Epub ahead of print]
- Irving A, Higgins A, Ady B, Bellomo R, Cooper DJ, French C, et al; Standard Issue Transfusion versus Fresher Red-Cell Use in Intensive Care (TRANSFUSE) Investigators and Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society Clinical Trials Group. Fresh red cells for transfusion in critically ill adults: an economic evaluation of the standard issue transfusion versus fresher red-cell use in intensive care (TRANSFUSE) clinical trial. Crit Care Med. 2019 Apr 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jayawardena T, Hoad V, Styles C, Seed C, Bentley P, Clifford V, et al. Modelling the risk of transfusion-transmitted syphilis: a reconsideration of blood donation testing strategies. Vox Sang. 2019 Feb;114(2):107-16. Epub 2018 Dec 18.
- Kaada SH, Apelseth TO, Hagen KG, Kristoffersen EK, Gjerde S, Sønstabø K, et al. How do I get an emergency civilian walking blood bank running? Transfusion. 2019 Apr;59(S2):1446-52.
- Historical tidbit: Knodell RG, Conrad ME, Dienstag JL, Bell CJ. Etiological spectrum of post-transfusion hepatitis. Gastroenterology. 1975 Dec;69(6):1278-85.
- Lim W, Afif W, Knowles S, Lim G, Lin Y, Mothersill C, et al. Canadian expert consensus: management of hypersensitivity reactions to intravenous iron in adults. Vox Sang. 2019 Apr 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mueller MM, Van Remoortel H, Meybohm P, Aranko K, Aubron C, Burger R, et al. Patient Blood Management: Recommendations From the 2018 Frankfurt Consensus Conference. JAMA. 2019 Mar 12;321(10):983-97.
- Ratwani RM, Savage E, Will A, Fong A, Karavite D, Muthu N, et al. Identifying electronic health record usability and safety challenges in pediatric settings. Health Aff (Millwood). 2018 Nov; 37(11):1752-9.
- * Seed CR, Allain JP, Lozano M, Laperche S, Gallian P, Gross S, et al. International Forum on occult hepatitis B infection and transfusion safety.Vox Sang. 2019 Apr 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Smood B, Hara H, Schoel LJ, Cooper DKC. Genetically-engineered pigs as sources for clinical red blood cell transfusion: What pathobiological barriers need to be overcome? Blood Rev. 2019 May;35:7-17. Epub 2019 Jan 28.
- Van Remoortel H, Moorkens D, Avau B, Compernolle V, Vandekerckhove P, De Buck E. Is there a risk of transfusion-transmissible infections after percutaneous needle treatments in blood donors? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Vox Sang. 2019 Apr 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Vermeulen M, Sykes W, Coleman C, Custer B, Jacobs G, Jaza J, et al. The prevalence of human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 & 2 (HTLV-1/2) in South African blood donors. Vox Sang. 2019 Apr 4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yazer MH, Spinella PC. Activities of the THOR-AABB Working Party. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2018 Jun;84(6S Suppl 1):S18-S20.
- Zeller MP, Kaufman RM. Safeguarding the patient’s own blood supply. (editorial) JAMA. 2019;321(10):943-5.