What's New - Chronological (June 2012)
- Canada: We are sad to report that Maureen (Webb) Ffoulkes-Jones, ART (CSMLS) died on 18 June, 2012 in Calgary | Obituary and 'in memoriam' guest book & this Guest Book
- US Supreme Court rules pharmaceutical sales reps are 'outside salesmen' & don't qualify for overtime pay (Judge Alito, 18 June 2012)
- Christopher v. SmithKline Beecham Corp.
- Tidbit: Petitioners were well compensated for their efforts, and their gross pay included both a base salary and incentive pay. The amount of incentive pay was determined based on the performance of petitioners’ assigned portfolio of drugs in their assigned sales territories.
- Mørkeberg J. Detection of autologous blood transfusions in athletes: a historical perspective. Transfus Med Rev 2012 July; 26(3):199-208.
- Higgins GL, Baumann MR, Kendall KM, Watts MA, Strout TD. Red blood cell transfusion: experience in a rural aeromedical transport service. Prehosp Disaster Med 2012 Jun 12:1-4. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hong Kong: Hospital admits transfusing RBC from malfunctioning refrigerator (12 June 2012)
- Australia: Bloom fades on 'Personally Controlled e-Health Record' (E-health fails again) (CMAJ, 12 June 2012)
- TraQ's May newsletter
- Canada: Photos from 2012 CSTM meeting in Halifax
- Colombia: Courts say clinics can't stop gays from donating blood (6 June 2012)
- TM blog: Take a chance on us (Musings on mentoring)
- From transfusionmedicine.ca: IgA deficiency by Dr. Mindy Goldman
- McCormack PL. Tranexamic acid: a review of its use in the treatment of hyperfibrinolysis. Drugs. 2012 Mar 26;72(5):585-617.
- Development of synthetic platelets (1 June 2012)
- Doshi N, Orje JN, Molins B, Smith JW, Mitragorti S, Ruggeri ZM. Platelet mimetic particles for targeting thrombi in flowing blood. Adv Mater 2012 May 29. [Epub ahead of print]
- NHSBT newsletter: Blood & Transplant Matters (May 2012) Many interesting papers, inc.
- Blajchman MA. Transfusion-associated immunomodulation (TRIM)
- The role of junior doctors in safer transfusion practice: a survey of foundation year doctors
- Article on the UK's 'learnbloodtransfusion' e-learning program
- Jimenez-Marco T, Clemente-Marin G, Girona-Llobera E, Sedeño M, Muncunill J. A lesson to learn from Hemovigilance: The impact of nurses' transfusion practice on mistransfusion. Transfus Apher Sci. 2012 May 28. [Epub ahead of print]